[postgis-users] Intersection errors out with null directed edge

Chris Hermansen chris.hermansen at timberline.ca
Fri Sep 14 09:42:53 PDT 2007

Hello again;

So with GEOS 3.0.0RC4 the problem now becomes:

TopologyException: EdgeRing::computePoints: found null Directed Edge

I believe there is in fact something wrong with the data.  However the
TopologyException does not identify the source of the problem.

In looking through the mailing list archives, I see questions around
this issue have come up in the past (eg September 2006).  I don't see
anyone suggesting ideas on how to find the offending data elements.

Also, trolling through google doesn't seem to turn up anything.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to explore the data to look for
problems such as this.

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,

Chris Hermansen · mailto:clh at timberline.ca
tel:+1.604.714.2878 · fax:+1.604.733.0631
Timberline Natural Resource Group · http://www.timberline.ca
401 · 958 West 8th Avenue · Vancouver BC · Canada · V5Z 1E5

C'est ma façon de parler.