[postgis-users] Distance_Sphere Function with Point and Multiline

Reichle, Florian florian.reichle at p3-gmbh.de
Fri Sep 28 08:49:04 PDT 2007

Hi,

I want to know how can I use the Distance_Shere with Point and Line? At
the moment I using the StartPoint, EndPoint and Centroid of the Line,
but this is not exact enough. If a Multine has the length of 2
kilometres, so I can't proof, if the Point 50 metres away from the Line.
So, I must transform Point and Multline that I can use the hole length
of the line to compare it with the Point. But I don't know how!?

Greetz

Florian