[postgis-users] Problems installing PostGIS on Red Hat EL 5

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Apr 1 23:28:44 PDT 2008

Jeshua,

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately that didn't work.

I verified that the geos-config was in /usr/local/bin/geos-config (and had a
new date on it) - (by the way I had 8.2.5 on this server before I blew it
out so not sure if that may be causing problems)

I reran the configure and make clean make install of Postgis with

./configure --with-pgsql=/usr/bin/pg_config  --with-geos=
/usr/local/bin/geos-config

It even gave me this nice screen (which I think it actually did before which
is why I though it was finding geos okay)

 SUMMARY

 HOST_OS: linux-gnu

   PGSQL: /usr/bin/pg_config
    GEOS: /usr/local/bin/geos-config (with C-API)
          (ldflags: -L/usr/local/lib)
    PROJ: prefix=/usr/local libdir=/usr/local/lib
   ICONV: 1

 PORTNAME: linux
   PREFIX: /usr
  EPREFIX: ${prefix}
      DOC: /usr/share/doc/postgresql/contrib
     DATA: ${datarootdir}
      MAN: ${datarootdir}/man
      BIN: /usr/bin
      EXT: /usr/lib/pgsql (\$$libdir)

Then I restarted the Postgresql service with a
service postgresql restart

Same issue.  Any other thoughts on the subject are welcome.

Thanks,
Regina