[postgis-users] postgis mapfile php

nickthegreek- nickthegreek_ at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:06:30 PDT 2008

i have map who takes the data from a database

in the database there is a column "name"

my data are be shown with

 LAYER
                NAME "country"
                TYPE POLYGON
                STATUS ON
            CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
            CONNECTION "host=localhost dbname=postgis user=postgres
password=d3klw7 port=5432"
            DATA "the_geom from europe_country using unique gid using
srid=-1"
            LABELITEM "name"

what i wanna is.. i have a menu who takes all the countries from the column
name...
if i select a country

eg.greece

how i could change the statement in the mapfile
DATA "the_geom from europe_country using unique gid using srid=-1"
with the statement
DATA "the_geom from europe_country where name=greece using unique gid using
srid=-1" so to be shown only greece??? pls help me..i need to finish my
diploma with taht

eg..i knnow if we wanna to change the status of a layer we use that
  $this_layer = $map->getLayerByName('europe cities');
  $this_layer->set('status', MS_ON);

sth similar like the above to change the statement of data?