[postgis-users] postgis mapfile php

nickthegreek- nickthegreek_ at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 6 17:19:52 PDT 2008

nickthegreek- wrote:

> i have map who takes the data from a database
>
> in the database there is a column "name"
>
> my data are be shown with
>
>  LAYER
>                 NAME "country"
>                 TYPE POLYGON
>                 STATUS ON
>             CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
>             CONNECTION "host=localhost dbname=postgis user=postgres
> password=d3klw7 port=5432"
>             DATA "the_geom from europe_country using unique gid using
> srid=-1"
>             LABELITEM "name"
>
> what i wanna is.. i have a menu who takes all the countries from the
> column name...
> if i select a country
>
> eg.greece
>
> how i could change the statement in the mapfile
> DATA "the_geom from europe_country using unique gid using srid=-1"
> with the statement
> DATA "the_geom from europe_country where name=greece using unique gid
> using srid=-1" so to be shown only greece??? pls help me..i need to finish
> my diploma with taht
>

> eg..i knnow if we wanna to change the status of a layer we use that
>   $this_layer = $map->getLayerByName('europe cities');
>   $this_layer->set('status', MS_ON);
>
> sth similar like the above to change the statement of data?

also.. i wanna know sth else.. in the mapfile ..i have in data
DATA "the_geom from europe_country using unique gid using srid=-1"

if i changed it in DATA "the_geom from europe_country where name="Greece"
using unique gid using srid=-1"
 it should be shown greece ?? right?

but nothing is shown ..it gives me error ...knows anyone what is wrong?