[postgis-users] Get concave hull from an array of longitude in latitude points

Aleš Kecman ales.kecman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 03:02:06 PST 2008

Hi!

I'm still struggling with this "concave hulls" and it seems I just can't
find the way how to do it. I'm sending a text file with some longitude and
latitude points of selected subarea from which I need to get a concave
polygon. There is only one polygon in attached text file. In my database I
have around 500 000 points from which I need to form around 700 polygons. If
there is a way to do it in PostGis I would really appreciate any help. I
also attached a jpg picture of my convexhull polygon. Thanks!!!

Greets, Ales.