[postgis-users] Get concave hull from an array of longitude in latitude points

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Wed Dec 3 09:09:05 PST 2008

I think the ideas for the solution have already been posted on this
thread - you either need to use alpha shapes or one of the concave hull
algorithms.  It sounded like pgrouting has an alpha shapes
implementation - that would probably be the easiest way forward.
Implementing the other algorithms would be non-trivial.

It might also help if you posted a picture of what you think the desired
output should be, for the sample data you posted.