[postgis-users] problems cleaning geometry - other options?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Dec 4 06:56:19 PST 2008

That works.  It looks essentially the same as what's in the
cleangeometry function from the wiki, but much simpler.  There's
st_union and st_multi in there betwen the buildarea and boundary
functions, probably to handle other invalid stuff.

On Dec 4, 2008, at 1:02 AM, Kevin Neufeld wrote:

> Have you tried updating the geometry with a new polygonized polygon
> constructed from the linework?
>
> UPDATE swbd
> SET wkb_geometry = ST_BuildArea(ST_Boundary(wkb_geometry))
> WHERE cell = 145018 AND wb = 353;
>
> Cheers,
> -- Kevin

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy