[postgis-users] Arc catalog (Arc GIS) import

Sufficool, Stanley ssufficool at rov.sbcounty.gov
Mon Dec 8 08:28:28 PST 2008

It looks like ODBC is taking care of the casing issues. On MSSQL, the
fields are quoted, but on PostgreSQL they are passed as unquoted lower
case.

It looks like the returned row(s) aren't parsed correctly by ArcMap.
This may be where the case sensitivity issue is (row['shape'] vs
row['Shape']). I'm recreating all the datasets with quoted proper case
field names to see what happens. Looks like they partially abstracted
the database layer ;)