[postgis-users] pgsql2shp.exe fails with Windows Vista

Dan Blomberg services at gpsfiledepot.com
Tue Dec 16 19:13:05 PST 2008

I am running it with commands.  This is what I'm running:

"c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin>
pgsql2shp.exe -f contours.shp -u postgres postgis contours
Initializing... Done (postgis major version: 1).
Output shape: PolyLine
Dumping: X"

It crashes at the X and does exactly what Regina is saying (those three
files empty).  The same command works fine on XP.

Dan