[postgis-users] spatial queries in an ODBC connection

Pablo geograforever at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 03:04:48 PST 2008

Hi!
First of all, sorry about my english, is not very welll...

Well... someone can tell me if I can use the postgis functions (buffer,
crosses, etc etc...) from a form in access or open office database via ODBC?

The question is that Ihave an spatial database created with lines, polygons,
etc. And I have a lot of spatial queries. There is no problem when I run
them in pgadmin. But what I want is make an easy form in order that other
people can connect with the server via ODB, and run the spatial queries.
When I try to make simple queries (select from tables, etc) its all OK, but
when I type compley queries in access, it tells me that the functions are
not available.

Some body knows if can I make spatial queries in a form?
I don't mind if is in access, open office, or other. I accept suggestions.

Thanks a lot!

Pablo