[postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Dec 30 04:21:53 PST 2008

Leo and I have a good portion of a PostGIS book written.  Ideally we would
like to get a publisher to publish it, but seem to be running into the same
obstacles.  No publisher seems to think people use PostGIS to warrant enough
demand for a book dedicated to it.

So to make a decent case for a book, can each of you in your own words
describe

1) How you use PostGIS?
2) What you find useful about it over anything else?
3) Why you think there should be any book written focused on its use and of
course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy it?

Of course I'll also need some official download stats etc. which hopefully
the Refractions group can help out with.  I think Mark Cave-Ayland had
posted some stats a while back, but can't find them.

Thanks,
Regina