[postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 05:08:07 PST 2008

1) How you use PostGIS?

We use it in our university courses (bachelor degree) about databases
and we are giving courses about it (next one in January, see
http://gis.hsr.ch/wiki/Agenda).

2) What you find useful about it over anything else?

* It's more compatible to SQL than others in the same leagues (say
ORACLE and MySQL).
* It's made for production and professional environments
* Users (and students) can install it without license troubles

3) Why you think there should be any book written focused on its use and of
course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy it?

A book like this shows the relevance of a product in the market and an
academic institution we buy "any" relevant book we can get hold of :->

Yours,
Stefan
http://www.gis.hsr.ch/wiki/PostGIS