[postgis-users] Re: [postgis-devel] Proposal for supporting Extrude, Tesselate, and Altitudemode options in PostGIS KML generator

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Mon Feb 18 14:37:05 PST 2008

Ugh.  Requiring complicated combinations of bit fields strikes me as
being pretty error prone.

What about providing a string parameter which can supply the various
options in a human-readable format?

E.g. "extrude=1 tesselate=0 altitudeMode=clampToGround"

Easy to read, easy to parse, easy to extend...