[postgis-users] Re: [postgis-devel] Proposal for supporting

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Tue Feb 19 20:18:14 PST 2008

hmmm well I dont object to BtFields, BitFields are the *easiest* I think
it gives you a named constant which is just the addition of other named
constants

eg
   clampToGround + extrude

I am not sure I follow yecarillo's choice of values though
(apparently all values are to be above 15 to avoid the precision range)

but say you choose bits 0-4 as precision
there are 2 values each of extrude and tesselate, so 1 bit each
then altitude mode needs 2 bits for three possible values

xxxx-xxxx
7654-3210

using bits 4-7 for the flags, and 3-0 for precision works fine

in this day and age who needs bit flags, anyway..
but properly named, they are actually an easy interface