[postgis-users] FOSS GIS clients - thanks for all the replies, on and offline

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Sat Jan 5 21:40:02 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 22:16 -0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think the seminal work on the open development process is 'The
> Cathedral and the Bazaar' by Eric Raymond.

+1.  Whilst getting a little dated, It is most certainly the most well
known work in this regard.  ESR has also written an interesting essay on
how to ask questions (though I think it's aimed at asking in a very dev
centric environment rather than a user centric environment).  In a way
it is in itself an interesting insight into hacker culture.  In it he
links to http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html which is
a very useful guide to reporting bugs or issues with software.

Regards,
Tim Bowden