[postgis-users] Pipeline Data Model

Gustavo Ces g.ces at pettra.es
Fri Jan 11 00:15:39 PST 2008

You can´t export a geodatabase ( i supose your model is just that) by odbc,
because the geometric logic is not transfered ( can you export a geodatabase
in arcgis to postgis?) I think you have to rewrite the model, adapting it to
postgis. Is a hard work, but the you can use the postgresql full potential
( triggers, views, etc.. ) to make your model more powerfull, smaller and
dynamic.
In my experience, this work simplifies the model, and you can make it
"real-time", user adapted, etc...

I´ve posted a long time ago a question about postgis models. I imagine all
postgis community members working alone, creating complex functions and
schemas to solve their problems and... reinventing the wheel. Perhaps it´s
time to create especific projects to create ( or traduce ) schemas and
functions for various cases. I know the wiki, but i think in environmental
members creating  schemas, functions to solve environmental questions( for
instance). At this time each of them has to walk his way alone ...

It´s just an opinion :)

Gus