[postgis-users] Intersection Problem

Christian Niemitz-Rossant cnr at m-click.de
Tue Jan 22 13:32:29 PST 2008

Hi all,
we are dealing with a similar problem "The intersection of a 3D line and
a 2D polygon returns a 3D line with some problems":

So far we got these results:
1. Points of the line inside the polygon (Z-projection) have the correct
z-value which is simply unmodified.
2. The calculated intersection points of the line with the polygon have
a z-value which is half of the expected result.
3. If the calculated intersection point has the same xy-coordinates as
one point of the polygon then returned z-value is zero!

1. is fine, 2. is not really understandable but correctable by
multiplying z-value with 2 and point 3 is sort of painful. We guess the
projection to calculate the z-value doesn't work so the zero is returned.

We would appreciate hints, ideas or answers. Thanks!