[postgis-users] upgrade to postgres 8.3.2 on Windows

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Mon Jan 28 14:19:11 PST 2008

Hello list,

Today I ran into an error on my postGIS database server. The database is
hosted on Windows Server 2003 and is currently postgres version 8.2.5
with postgis 1.3.1-1

The error that I recieved said:

FATAL: could not create sigchld waiter thread: error code 1455
2008-01-28 12:03:39 LOG: logger shutting down

I found that this is a known bug with postgres on windows when you reach
more then 300 concurrent connections.

Is it safe for me to upgrade to postGres 8.3.x? Will I be able to use
the latest windows postgis build that seems to be on: 1.3.2?

My system is in production so I just want to make sure.

Kind regards!

Milo van der Linden