[postgis-users] info (solved)

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Fri Jun 6 07:54:57 PDT 2008

On Friday 06 June 2008 10:12:04 Chris Hermansen wrote:

The problem was that "a" package, unknown at this time which one, dumped proj
libs into /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib. Removing that libs from /usr/local/lib
and running ldconfig as root did the trick. I have a commit on Kubuntu 8.0.4

To track this down as to why and what the source of the dual lib entry I will
have to do another day but my first guess would be an unclean postgresql
build system by the packager. Not sure so don't want to point fingers. Its
just a starting point.

Regardless it all works now, so I am pleased. Can move on to the next issue
now.

Thanks for all the input. Its appreciated.
--
/ch