[postgis-users] X3d export

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sun Jun 8 15:01:01 PDT 2008

 Thanks Milo and Randy,

This is all along the line of what we are trying to do and I'm learning a
lot from this thread.  I checked out vterrain a couple of years ago and it
was still in its infancy then.  I'll have to take another look at that.

Coincidentally I noticed James Fee had a blog entry on a slightly related
topic -  BIM  (Building Information Modeling) and gbXML
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Building_XML

http://www.spatiallyadjusted.com/2008/06/04/bim-and-gis/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_Information_Modeling

Which sounds along the lines of what we are working on for a particular
niche engineering market.

What does BIM have to do with all the below?  Seems related but not sure in
what way and still unclear what is behind it aside from CAD.

Thanks,
Regina