[postgis-users] Buffer select from one layer to another?

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Jun 11 12:38:28 PDT 2008

ST_Buffer is the new MM naming convention.  For relation operators ST
adds the && index operator where as the ones without ST_

you have to do

A && B AND relation(A,B)

Vs.

just

ST_Relation(A,B)

In most cases like ST_Buffer and Buffer, Difference,  (things in general
that create geometries) they are identical.