[postgis-users] Help

Lee Hachadoorian lee.hachadoorian at gmail.com
Wed May 7 07:58:06 PDT 2008

Are you trying to do this in pgAdmin?  If you clicked on
template_postgis in the left pane server/database hierarchy, pgAdmin
is now using the database and can't also use it as a template for a
new DB.  (pgAdmin is using the database if the database icon does
*not* have a little red X over it.)

You should be able to fix this by disconnecting from the server, then
reconnecting.  Create your new DB before doing anything that uses the
template_postgis database.

Lee Hachadoorian
PhD Student, Geography
Program in Earth & Environmental Sciences
CUNY Graduate Center