[postgis-users] PgRouting in PostGIS

Nandorov nandorov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:16:40 PDT 2008

hi,
thanks Anton for your answer at pgrouting forum. i'm goingo to reply here i
hope it's ok.

Hi Fernando,

I think I answered you already in the PostGIS mailing list.
Anyway, it is worth to repeat. You can block edges by assigning high value
to cost field. Or, if you wish, you can add one more field, let's say, of
boolean type and name it is_blocked, and then use core routing function (not
wrapper), where you can limit your search area with non-blocked edges only -
"SELECT ... WHERE NOT is_blocked".

So i the input sql statement at shortest path function can include where
filters? sounds nice. i'm going to try it later (00:16 here lol)

thanks a lot