[postgis-users] countries with more than one srid ?

Smith Roman autisi at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 00:21:12 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,Since I intend placing all my states data in one table, are u suggesting that I leave my data in wgs 84 (lon & lat) then do my distance calculations on the WGS 84 ellipsoid ? How can this be done in postgis ? The distance calculations I need to do in my application are nearest neighbour and where are my queries. A sample query for doing distance calculations on the ellipsoid in postgis will be helpful.  Cheers,Roman