[postgis-users] countries with more than one srid ?

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Thu Aug 6 15:30:29 PDT 2009

Roman,

I think you will want to stay away from ellipsoid for now or at least until
PostGIS 2.0 (or 1.5 comes out).  Those in current PostGIS just deal with
point geometries and not terribly well.

I think your best bet is to find a spatial ref that covers all of Nigeria.
It won't be quite as accurate but will save you having to worry about
dealing with 2 or 3 sets of spatial refs.

These links might help
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2008-December/004145.html

http://www.spatialreference.org/ref/?search=africa

You could formulate your own from proj constructs that is more accurate than
above (and covers the 2 srids you mentioned), but that's not my strength

Leo

  _____