[postgis-users] ST_Union (8.4) and TopologyException

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Sat Aug 8 07:47:30 PDT 2009

Paul,
> It's odd for union to return no result.

I think he may have been dumping into a new table thus no results message
though I thought inserts stated the number of records created, but can't
recall if a select .. into bulk load does or not.

> I can confirm that my data is now successfully processed by PostGIS's
ST_Union though it isn't all that fast:

> "Query returned successfully with no result in 5011922 ms." = 1hr 23min
which is pretty slow.

Simon is that correct that you were dumping into a new table?
I assumed you got something if you said it works correctly now.

Thanks,
Regina