[postgis-users] how obtain the interior parcels

Fred Lehodey lehodey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 07:58:18 PST 2009

Hi Salas,
not sure this is the better way, but.. ;-)
... (you need POLYGONs, use ST_Dump() if MULTIPOLYGONs)

you can try something like this:

SELECT ST_InteriorRingN((the_geom),s)
FROM your_parcels , generate_series(1,(SELECT
max(ST_NumInteriorRing(the_geom)) FROM your_parcels)) s
 WHERE ST_NumInteriorRing(the_geom) > 0
AND ST_InteriorRingN(the_geom,s) IS NOT NULL

Fred...