[postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 05:55:25 PST 2009

> 1) How you use PostGIS?

We (at Camptocamp) extensively use PostGIS in almost all our
GIS-related projects. It is the core component of the Spatial Data
Infrastructures we set up, providing a central, easy to manage spatial
repository.
It is coupled with MapServer to deliver on-demand maps and with OS
desktop SIG to perform advanced operations like edition.

> 2) What you find useful about it over anything else?

Easy to learn, install, play with.
Broad spectrum of GIS functions
Truly cross-plateform
Amazing support through this list and wikis

> 3) Why you think there should be any book written focused on its use and of
> course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy it?

Such a book would help every postgis user, from the beginner to the
advanced user. It will allow to fully present the power of postgis to
any newcomer.
We would of course buy such a book, and recommand it during the
trainings we do. (a lot of our "students" are claiming for such a
book)

Nicolas Ribot