[postgis-users] To pak Surya : Query spatial in postgis

P Adji yocki at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:02:55 PST 2009

hellow,

i read about your reply in "The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?"
Mau nanya nih.. can you give me one example in bufferring query using postgis ? contoh querynya bgmn ya ?

If you know the tutorial in spatial query for postgis will you let me know ?

::Sorry for the mix language::

Thanks> From: storma-ipb at indo.net.id> To: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net> Subject: Re: [postgis-users] The Old Who is using PostGIS survey again?> Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 21:05:10 +0700> > > > 1) How you use PostGIS?> > I use PostGIS to store time series land use data captured with remote > sensing for the whole watershed in the country and relate them to hydrologic > characteristics of the watersheds such as water quality, flooding and base > flow. We have around 400 watersheds to monitor. Using UMN Mapserver and > PostGIS, public can easily observ forest cover change from time to time on > watershed base and also be able to check the impact of watershed > rehabilitation program on hydrologic parameter from time to time.> > > 2) What you find useful about it over anything else?> > I found much simpler spatial query campared to desktop GIS, especially> buffering operation. Using PostGIS I just need to run one SQL, but using > desktop GIS i need to go over many intermediate maps.> > > 3) Why you think there should be any book written focused on its use and> > of> > course if such a thing were to exist, would you buy it?> > For beginner or intermediate users any documents or books would be helpful,> especially spatial SQL. It would be also very usefull for GIS students as > a text book in spatial> database.> > > Surya> Watershed Management Consultant> Indonesia> > > Of course I'll also need some official download stats etc. which hopefully> > the Refractions group can help out with. I think Mark Cave-Ayland had> > posted some stats a while back, but can't find them.> >> > Thanks,> > Regina> >> >> > _______________________________________________> > postgis-users mailing list> > postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net> > http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users> >> > _______________________________________________> postgis-users mailing list> postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net> http://postgis.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/postgis-users