[postgis-users] To pak Surya : Query spatial in postgis

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Jan 6 04:03:11 PST 2009

By buffering, you mean draw a buffer around a geometry or count things
in a buffer.

Look at
1) ST_Buffer for drawing a buffer --
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ST_Buffer.html

2) ST_DWithin for finding out all geometries that fall in a buffer --
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ST_DWithin.html

Hope that helps,
Regina