[postgis-users] Determining geometry type from table

Marc Jansen jansen.marc at gmx.de
Sat Mar 28 07:13:00 PDT 2009

Hey Robert,

I'm not sure if your question is still unanswered but you might have a
look at the table "geometry_columns". There should be an entry for your
spatially enabled table if the geometry was registered correctly.

Otherwise the function ST_GeometryType(your_geometry_field) should give
the needed information.

Bye,
Marc