[postgis-users] Problem with controls on map (SelectFeature, Drawfeature) - OpenLayers, pgRouting

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Sat May 2 04:04:31 PDT 2009

Hi!

First sorry for my poor english :). I am having some propblem with the
OpenLayer I guess.
My allpication looks like this:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3273/aplikacja.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3273/aplikacja.jpg

It provides searchinkg bus stops and bus lines in my city. Also I recently
added finding the shortest path

using the pgRouting. Before I add finding the shortest path my application
worked fine. I chose the bus

stop from the select element, like this:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6494/ptrzystanki.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/6494/ptrzystanki.jpg

After I choose the bus stops, it appears on the map. When I click it shows
the popup with the picture,

name and the bus lines like this:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4089/popul.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4089/popul.jpg

Everythink was fine upon the time I added the pgRouting part. Now the popul
menu does not work unles I:
- first click on select the start point radiobutton
- second click on the navigation radiobutton

When I do this everything is working fine.
Without this I click, click and click on the bus stop and the popup menu
does not appear!!!!
So there must be somethink wrong with the controls. In my application it
looks like this:

- code for popul menu (vector layer):

			vector.events.register("featureselected", vector, onFeatureSelect);
			vector.events.register("featureunselected", vector, onFeatureUnselect);

			control = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(vector);

			map.addControl(control);
			control.activate();

- code for pgRouting

            controls = {
              start: new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(start, SinglePoint),
              stop: new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(stop, SinglePoint)

            }
            for (var key in controls) {
                map.addControl(controls[key]);
            }

- html code for radiobuttons looks like this

	<form action="rout.php" method="get">
		        <input type="radio" name="control" id="noneToggle"
value="navigation"
		               onclick="toggleControl(this);"  />

		        <input type="radio" name="control" value="start" id="startToggle"
		               onclick="toggleControl(this);" />

		        <input type="radio" name="control" value="stop" id="stopToggle"
		               onclick="toggleControl(this);" />
    	</form>

- the toggleControl() function

    function toggleControl(element) {
        for (key in controls) {
            if (element.value == key && element.checked) {
                controls[key].activate();
            } else {
                controls[key].deactivate();
            }
        }
	}

So I think there is probolem with OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature and
OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature I

guess. I try to force clicking on 'select start point' and 'navigate' from
code like this:

            document.getElementById("startToggle").select();
            document.getElementById("startToggle").focus();
	    document.getElementById("startToggle").click();

            document.getElementById("noneToggle").select();
            document.getElementById("noneToggle").focus();
	    document.getElementById("noneToggle").click();

But it does not work. Only clicking with mouse does it right.
Does anyone please can help me? Maybe someone had similar issue?
Please help ...

Regards,
Paul