[postgis-users] Blurred text

Rick graham.rick at gmail.com
Sun May 3 15:35:08 PDT 2009

The postgres rounc() and floor() functions will truncate decimal places.

That aside, the blurring of text will be a function of the rendering
engine that you use, it is possible that manipulating the coordinates
of the text will help, but impossible to say without more
information..

How do you publish your maps?

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpawley at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My map has text some of which is blurred.
>
> From researching I think the blurring may be because the point reference for
> the text includes a decimal.
>
> I wouild like to test my theory but I haven't been able to discover how to
> either round off or truncate the decimal to a whole number.
>
> For instance after a st_translate the point astext is Point(16616.6124472887
> 165000).
>
> Is it possiblle to make the return Point(16616(or 7) 165000)?
>
> Is the Postgis reflections site down?
>
> Bob

Cheers!
Rick