[postgis-users] Compiling PostGIS SVN on Gentoo amd64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue May 12 06:56:38 PDT 2009

Sufficool, Stanley wrote:

> I'm having issues compiling the recent PostGIS SVN with PostgreSQL 8.4.
> Any clues would be appreciated.
>
> *postgis configure:*
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --build=amd64
> *make:*
> lwgeom_accum.c: In function 'pgis_geometry_accum_transfn':
> lwgeom_accum.c:106: error: 'T_WindowAggState' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> lwgeom_accum.c:106: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> lwgeom_accum.c:106: error: for each function it appears in.)
> lwgeom_accum.c:107: error: 'WindowAggState' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> lwgeom_accum.c:107: error: expected expression before ')' token
> lwgeom_accum.c: In function 'pgis_accum_finalfn':
> lwgeom_accum.c:167: error: too many arguments to function
> 'makeMdArrayResult'

Hi Stanley,

I did a fresh checkout of both PostGIS SVN and PostgreSQL 8.4 which
works for me without any issues. One thing to bear in mind is that
PostGIS SVN takes all of its installation paths from your PostgreSQL
installation automatically, and so may be confused by the --prefix
parameter (see
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/ch02.html for
the new configure parameters).

If that doesn't help then you'll need to post the output of configure
for us to look at.

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS