[postgis-users] Problems compiling PostGIS on Solaris 2.10/SparcV9

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue May 19 09:46:31 PDT 2009

Alexander Von Luenen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile PostGIS on a SUN T5440 running Solaris 2.10, using gcc3.4.3. I have PostgreSQL 8.3.1
 > installed from the CSW repository, which has both 32bit and 64bit
versions installed. Although the pg_config
 > installed in /opt/csw/postgresql/bin is a 32bit binary (as I could
check with 'file'), all paths etc. it returns
 > are to the 64bit version of PostgreSQL. As I have compiled all
libraries (GEOS, PROJ4, etc) as 32bit, this results
 > in a linker error when compiling PostGIS, since it attempts to link
the 32bit libs to the 64bit PostgreSQL libs.
 > Using '-m32' as CPPFLAGS/CXXFLAGS didn't help. There is also a
pg_config32 in the same directory as pg_config.
 > How can I force configure to use this one? '--with-pgconfig' didn't
work. The only solution I could think of
 > is deleting/renaming pg_config, and setting a softlink to
pg_config32. Any suggestions anybody?

> Cheers,
> Alex

Hi Alex,

It looks as if you've picked up the new SVN documentation instead - the
options for PostGIS 1.4 have been changed to make them easier to
understand. The option you need to pass to configure for the 1.3 series
is --with-pgsql=/path/to/pg_config.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS