[postgis-users] Unable to build WKT Raster

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Nov 1 15:17:12 PST 2009

Gilles Bassière wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'd like to try WKT Raster but I have some troubles during install.
>
> My first attempt was to build WKT Raster aginst PostGIS 1.3.5 source
> code but the configure script fails because the liblwgeom/ directory
> does not exist prior to PostGIS 1.4.0. I tried to create a symlink and
> even to rename the directory lwgeom/ to liblwgeom/ but in both case, WKT
> Raster don't build:

The WKT Raster README file available from
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/browser/spike/wktraster/README
says

"latest 1.3.5 release won't work"

> Full configure output: http://pastebin.org/49983
> Full build output: http://pastebin.org/49982
> pg_config output: http://pastebin.org/49984

It will not work. Please, use PostGIS 1.4.0 or recent source code
from trunk in SVN repository

> I also tried to build and install PostGIS 1.4.0 but I can't find a way
> to do so within my home directory since the --prefix option is now
> ignored (bug #160). Of course, I could compile a full PostgreSQL in my
> home directory but there might be an easier solution, is there?

If you want to build PostGIS, you need to compile and install PostGIS
only, no need to compile PostgreSQL.

Best regards,