[postgis-users] identifying blank geometry fields

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Mon Nov 23 22:44:06 PST 2009

Hallo  At least in pgAdmin the cells is showed as empty cells if the geometries is above some size. But they are there.An easy way to confirm they are there is to use som function on them. If it is polygons for instance you can run st_area or st_length for lines.  Hope that helps/Nicklas

select count(*) from dum where the_geom is null  gives a result of 0