[postgis-users] Compiling PostGIS 1.4.0 release on Solaris 10

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu Nov 26 07:33:01 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Nathan Widmyer <lighthousej at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. I get differences in error message formats.
> The tests expect an error message, "ERROR:  parse error - invalid
> geometry" but the tests return "ERROR:  parse error - invalid geometry
> at character 18"
> I think the PGIS developers added "at character X" in a few error
> messages too, not just parse errors.
> Tests in error: regress, wkt, regress_ogc
> Possible Fix: update the tests to expect the extra information

That's extremely odd, any particular tarball should have tests and
expectations that match the version. Are you sure you don't have an
old PostGIS hanging around somewhere that doesn't match your test
suite?

> 2. The endianness of WKB that is expected differs from the actual WKB
> returned.  I have converted each WKB to WKT on both and they match
> exactly by their text representations.
> Tests in error: sql-mm-compoundcurve, sql-mm-curvepoly
> Possible Fix: have alternate expectation files for Solaris, compare
> the WKT instead of WKB, or if there's a way, force PGIS to write WKB
> in a particular endianness.

You're on an honest-to-god RiSC machine? nice. There's a second
parameter to AsBinary that you can use to control endianness. I think
we default to little endian, since that's so prevalent now, you if you
put 'xdr' into the second parameter you'll get out big endian.

P.