[postgis-users] Slow Postgres Query

dassouki dassouki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:38:01 PDT 2009

Hey All,

As some of you know, I've been trying to connect a point from a point
table to the projection of that point on the nearest line for close to
forever now.

I've managed to get the code working for a small set of points and
lines; however, on a 60 node with 2,000 lines, the query is in its 11th
hour and still no sign of ending.

I posted a question including code on stack overflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1504353/slow-postgres-query

I was wondering if anyone here has any idea on what I might be doing
wrong ? and if there is a way to make the code more efficient

cheers,
dassouki