[postgis-users] PostGIS Windows 64-Bit

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon Aug 30 10:51:41 PDT 2010

Carel,

Unfortunately we don't have a 64-bit windows build for PostGIS yet.

It is on our todo
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/382

So only options right now is to

1) compile yourself, which honestly we haven't gotten around to focusing on
doing yet to see if there are any obstacles.  You'll need to compile native
VC++ or use mingw-w64.  We were planning to go the
VC++ route when we do.

Or
2) Use the 32-bit version of PostgreSQL.  32-bit version of PostgreSQL works
fine on 64-bit windows

I guess we need to put a note in place on the binaries (that they are 32-bit
only) now that there is a 64-bit PostgreSQL.

Sorry we couldn't give a more positive answer :(
Regina and Leo
http://www.postgis.us