[postgis-users] NOTICE: IllegalArgumentException: point array must contain 0 or >1 elements, ERROR: Exception in LWGEOM2GEOS

Martin Davis mbdavis at refractions.net
Thu Feb 4 09:24:24 PST 2010

This error is due to a design choice in JTS/GEOS, which reflected the
OGC SFS spec - LineStrings are not allowed to have a single point.

For users who use JTS and GEOS directly, this isn't as much of an issue,
because their language environments allow them to catch exceptions
easily.  But in PostGIS it might be better to trap this condition in the
isvalid code and return an appropriate result (false).