[postgis-users] postgis upgrade 1.4 to 1.5 sql file couldn't find $libdir/postgis-1.4

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 02:04:17 PST 2010

Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> Doesn't know if already reported or what I'm doing wrong.
>
> In rpm (suppose to be the same with .deb) if you upgrade postgis from 1.4 to 1.5 the postgis-1.4 referenced in function doesn't
> exist after upgrade.
>
> As the default postgis upgrade script call the
> select postgis_lib_version();
> we get a fatal error
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/postgis-1.4": No such file or directory
>
> and all the process fail leaving normal user in trouble ...
>
> I've try to bypass it commenting the SELECT postgis_major_version_check();
> and get the sql executed ...
>
> Any comments ?

Hi Bruno,

Sorry but I'm not really sure what's happening here - I know that people
have tested the upgrade script when upgrading from 1.4 to 1.5 before the
final release and reported that it works.

I suspect you will need to talk to the maintainer of the .deb packages
you are using to find out why this is failing.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk