[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn failing in SQL Script

Steve Davies steve.davies at dottedeyes.com
Thu Jul 1 05:23:29 PDT 2010

Hi,

I need to create a number of spatial tables and have written a script to
achieve this.

I've been having lots of problems with AddGeometryColumn function not
working, firstly it wouldn't recognise the correct number of parameters,
I got around this by putting in all the optional parameters and
prefixing the function with public. However now it doesn't recognise the
geometry data type - however if I run the same command in psql its fine
- any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Steve Davies

Software Engineer, Development Team, Dotted Eyes Ltd

Switchboard: +44(0)1527 556920

Email: steve.davies at dottedeyes.com

Dotted Eyes
Hanbury Court, Harris Business Park,
Stoke Prior, Bromsgrove, B60 4JJ, UK

Join us at our events: www.dottedeyes.com/events/index.php
Sign up for support from £99 p.a.: www.dottedeyes.com/support
Ready-to-use digital maps & data: www.dottedeyes.com/data

For a sales enquiry email: sales at dottedeyes.com
For a software code/licence enquiry email: codes at dottedeyescom
For technical support login to: http://dottedeyes.helpserve.com

Dotted Eyes Ltd is registered in England and Wales, reg no 4471760.
This email may contain confidential information, not to be disclosed.
Contents are personal and not necessarily the views of Dotted Eyes.
Emails and attachments may be monitored without notice in advance.

Email has been scanned for viruses and spam by Altman Technologies

Simplify. Automate. Integrate