[postgis-users] lidar: what is the recommended way of storing/indexing

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu Jul 8 06:29:34 PDT 2010

Oh, actually one-row-per-point is a bad idea, because the size of
lidar sets mitigates against that. Putting them into multipoint
collections of 50 or 100 points is better. But that implies
preprocessing things a bit to find good patches. In generally, there's
a lot of tooling needed to do this well, I fear.