[postgis-users] lidar: what is the recommended way of storing/indexing

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Thu Jul 8 06:27:53 PDT 2010

There is no recommended way right now. It's a core development
activity I'd love to have funded... :)

http://opengeo.org/products/coredevelopment/postgis/pointclouds/

In the meanwhile a approach might be to put the x/y/z into a postgis
geometry and stuff the rest of the data into an array of doubles in
another column. Your app would need to know which array element was
which kind of data, but you'd still have it all available.

P.