[postgis-users] Can I add geometry column without use AddGeometryColumn?

nguyen thuy ai vy nguyenaivyster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 20:28:50 PDT 2010

Hello everybody,
 Is there any problem if I add a geometry by this way?

Firstly, I created table has a column with geometry type. Then, I added
check constraints for this geometry column like this:

 CONSTRAINT con_poi_point_enforce_dims_chk CHECK (ndims(poi_point) = 2),
 CONSTRAINT con_poi_point_enforce_geotype_chk CHECK (geometrytype(poi_point)
= ''POINT''::text OR poi_point IS NULL),
 CONSTRAINT con_poi_point_enforce_srid_chk CHECK (srid(poi_point) = 4326)

Cheers

Vy Nguyen