[postgis-users] problem installing WKTRaster

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 09:10:47 PDT 2010

While we are at it, I've tried installing and there it complains about an
error here:

My download link was:
http://www.postgis.org/download/windows/pg83/experimental/wktraster/wktraster_pg83.zip

I've already placed all my files at the correct place. What is the name of
the environment variable for postgresql? Just "PATH"? I already have two or
three variables with that name...

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION st_intersection(geom geometry, rast raster, band
integer)
    RETURNS SETOF geomval AS
    $$
        -- Return the intersections of the geometry with the vectorized
parts of
        -- the raster and the values associated with those parts, if really
their
        -- intersection is not empty.
        SELECT intgeom, val
        FROM (
            SELECT ST_Intersection((gv).geom, $1) intgeom, (gv).val
            FROM ST_DumpAsPolygons($2, $3) gv
            WHERE ST_Intersects((gv).geom, $1) AND ST_Intersects($1, $2,
$3)) foo
        WHERE NOT st_isempty(intgeom)  -- eliminate empty intersections
        UNION ALL
        -- If the geometry does not intersect with the raster, return an
empty
        -- geometry and a null value
        SELECT emptygeom, NULL FROM
        ST_GeomCollFromText('GEOMETRYCOLLECTION EMPTY', st_srid($1))
emptygeom
        WHERE NOT ST_Intersects($1, $2, $3);
    $$
    LANGUAGE SQL IMMUTABLE;

NOTICE:  type "raster" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.NOTICE:  argument type raster is
only a shell

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "intgeom"
LINE 1219:             SELECT ST_Intersection((gv).geom, $1) intgeom, (...
                                                             ^

ERROR: syntax error at or near "intgeom"
SQL state: 42601
Character: 44614

George R. C. Silva

Desenvolvimento em GIS