[postgis-users] custom EPSG codes?

Robert Coup robert.coup at koordinates.com
Tue Jul 20 12:42:52 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:37 AM, chrispg <chrisemberson at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've created a new entry in  /usr/share/proj/epsg, calling it 27701 for now
> presumably units are abbreviated to 'dm' ??

You need to check - the codes/numbers are used in calculations... "proj4
-lu" shows:
    dm 1/10                 Decimeter

so that looks good :)

> Not sure what you meant by this bit however
> then use +init=my:

If you added it to /usr/share/proj/epsg, you need to use "epsg" as a prefix
(eg. cs2cs +init=epsg:27701 +to +...). In Postgis it only cares about the
"srid" column and the  "proj4text" column in spatial_ref_sys, so it's easier
to make it work.

Rob :)