[postgis-users] WKTRaster : gdal2wktraster.py cannot read AIG/Arc/Info Binary Grid

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jul 21 15:52:15 PDT 2010

Peter,

You might have answered this already and we missed that part, but we
couldn't gather the answers from the rasdaman site.
We are in the middle of finishing our book so these questions may seem a bit
nosy.

1) What versions of PostgreSQL does rasdaman support?

2) What OSes -- does it work on/tested on -  all supported by PostgreSQL?
3) How many bands can you store per raster or is it any number like WKT
Raster?

4) As far as we can gather - it looks like rasdaman though by default
chooses to store data in PostgreSQL, can in theory store in any DBMS?  That
it takes more of the middleware  route
similar to ArcSDE (not talking about what it does, just the general how it
interfaces with the database)

5) Are the queries directly callable from PostgreSQL or you have to go thru
the rasql interface?

Thanks,
Leo and Regina
http://www.postgis.us